As seen on the ready-to-wear runways of Hermes, Marni, Gucci and more abstract art is a major influence for Spring 2012. Designed without any discernible subject or representation, this art form draws on visually dynamic prints, patterns and angles, primarily created through the use of color. In style terms, these pieces are an opportunity for fashionistas to take their look to the next level - the designs are fresh, unique, and truly engaging. One Spring season in these abstract-inspired items and it may be time to add art connoisseur to your resume…
1. J.Crew Fanfare Jacket $194 US
2. Banana Republic Print Pencil Skirt $110
3. Robert Rodriguez Stained Glass Dress $412 available at Shopbop
4. MICHAEL Michael Kors Ikat-Print Silk-Blend Pants $175 US, available at Net-a-Porter
6. Tommy Hilfiger Limited Edition Simon Spurr CFDA Tote, $98 US
By: Elizabeth Pride, Vancouver
You should follow me on Twitter @elizabethpryde.
Are you an employer? Post your job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs here.