It’s that time of year again! Whether you’re checking off a school supplies list, or moving out to begin the university year, back-to-school styles are a hot topic. If you’re like me, and you’ve already graduated and looking forward to “the rest of your life” you know that school styles (and sales!) don’t end after the cap and gown ceremony.
So what’s hot this fall? 90’s grunge is a fashion trend that isn’t quitting soon. Baggy plaid mixed with a crop & leather leggings are the perfect “I’m not trying, but really I am” look.
1. Unisex Tartan Plaid Flannel Button-up, $68, available at American Apparel
2. Helmut Lang Stretch Leather Leggings, $920, available at Net-a-Porter
3. Alexander Wang Prisma Croco-Embossed Flat Bottom Backpack in Beet, $1,2950, available at Bergdorf Goodman
4. Richmond High-Tops, $281, available at Yoox
Soft neutrals are also resurfacing. Minimal hair and make-up paired with a flowy cami, cuffed jeans, and nude shoes equals chic perfection!
5. Cami NYC Classic Silk Tank, $133, available at Otte New York
6. Kerri Cardigan, $395, available at Rag & Bone
7. Mansur Gavriel Large Backpack, $845, available at Barneys
8. HOPE Stay Patch Jeans, $140, available at La Garconne
9. Ollio Women’s Shoe Classic Lace Up Oxford, $15.99, available at Amazon
Happy shopping, enjoy the sales while they last!
By: Kayley, Fredericton, @wanderrluust
Are you an employer? Post your New York fashion job here.
Are you a job seeker? Find fashion jobs in NYC here.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest fashion jobs, career advice and fashion trends!